The super herb Ashwagandha is taken from Sanskrit word ASHWA meaning “Horse” and GANDHA means “Smell” As the roots of Ashwagandha smell like sweat of horse hence the name is ASHWAGANDHA.
Why Ashwagandha is Known as a Super Herb?
Improves individual ability to deal with stress .Stress increases the secretion of ACTH which increases the stress hormones in the body. Ashwagandha reduces the cortisol levels and hence reduces the stress. Stress is due to imbalances in Vata doshas
- Control blood sugar in diabetic patients by increasing insulin production and improving insulin sensitivity. There are 2 types of diabetes therapy; ashwagandha helps by balancing the Vata and Kapha doshas.
- Ashwagandha reduces pain associated with arthritis as it has analgesic properties. According to Ayurveda, arthritis occurs due to aggravation of Vata doshas which cause pain, swelling and mobility of joints and ashwagandha helps in balancing the Vata doshas.
- Helps in Hypertension ,also known as Rakta Gata Vata in which the blood pressure is elevated in arteries majorly caused by Stress and Stress is caused by Vata dosha ,ashwagandha helps in balancing the Vata.
When to Consume Ashwagandha?
You can use Ashwagandha during the day or night, depending on the condition you are trying to use it in.
- You can take Ashwagandha twice a day after the meals
- Ashwagandha churna balls or ashwagandha tea in the morning
- Also ½ tsp of Ashwagandha powder mixed with milk can be taken before the bed for peaceful sleep ,lower the stress levels
Ashwagandha is a magic remedy, and thanks to Ayurvedic discoveries it is now easily available in various formats to simplify the use. At Ayurzona we have a lot of Products with the properties of Ashwagandha to choose form like:
- Baidyanath Ashwagandharishta – A herbal syrup which comprises of ashwagandha and other herbs. Can be used for nervous disorder, stress or insomania.
- Dabur Ashwagandharishta – A herbal syrup by dabur which comprises of ashwagandha and other herbs. It can be used to reduce burning sensation in hands or feet, with anxiety and stress.
- Sandu Ashwagandha – This syrup by sandu helps in keeping the energy and brain functions effecient throughout the day.
- Ashwagandharishta Shree Dhootapapeshwar – This herbal syrup by dootapapeshwar helps in maintaing stamina, helps reduce anxiety and stress and improves metabolism.
- Ashwagandha Powder Vegan – This powder by riddhish herbal, is purely made from ashwaganda and is completely vegan. It is anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants and adaptogenic.